You can download my resume here (last update: Oct., 2018).
You can send email to zhaoyuanma23(at)gmail.com for more information.
/*** Research Interests ***/
Robotics, haptics, sensing and actuating technology.
/*** Personal Interests ***/
Reverse engineering, information security, craftwork.
/*** Experience ***/
- August 2018 - Now, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, PhD student, Robotics Engineering program.
- Sept. 2015 - July 2018, Microsoft Research Asia, Hardware Engineer, Robotics group, focus on robot prototyping and programming robot action by using vision. Supervised by Prof. Katsushi Ikeuchi.
- May 2013 - Sept. 2015, Microsoft Research Asia, Hardware Engineer, HCI group, focus on haptic devices.
- Nov. 2012 - May 2013, Microsoft Research Asia, Internship, HCI group, supervised by Prof. Hong Z. Tan, focus on haptic devices and tangible interaction.
- Sept. 2011 - May, 2013, Beijing Institute of Technology, Master student, Electronic and Communication Engineering.
- July 2011 - Aug. 2011, North Carolina State University, Visiting student.
- Sept. 2007 - June 2011, Beijing Institute of Technology, Bachelor of Engineering, Electronic Engineering.
/*** Publications ***/
- Katsushi Ikeuchi, Zhaoyuan Ma, Zengqiang Yan, Shunsuke Kudoh, Minako Nakamura, Describing Upper-Body Motions Based on Labanotation for Learning-from-Observation Robots, International Journal of Computer Vision, 2018, 10.1007/s11263-018-1123-1.
- Zhaoyuan Ma, Darren Edge, Leah Findlater and Hong Z. Tan, Haptic keyclick feedback improves typing speed and reduces typing errors on a flat keyboard, Proceedings of IEEE World Haptics Conference (WHC 2015) – The 6th Joint Eurohaptics Conference and IEEE Haptics Symposium, Evanston, Illinois, USA, pp. 220-227, June 22-26, 2015. PDF
/*** Demos ***/
- Zhaoyuan Ma, Yukang Yan, Darren Edge, Hong Z. Tan, Yuanchun Shi, and Ed Colgate, “eClover: A Combined Electrostatic and Four-Tactor Wearable System for Eyes-Free Interactions,” hands-on demo presented at IEEE World Haptics Conference (WHC 2015) - The 6th Joint Eurohaptics Conference and IEEE Haptics Symposium, Evanston, Illinois, USA, June 22-26, 2015.
- “Programming robots by observation” was shown to Bill Gates, Paul Allen and Satya Nadella at TechFest 2016 of Microsoft.
- “Automatic Description of Human Motion and Its Reproduction by Robot Based on Labanotation” was showed at 2017 MSRA academic day.
/*** Patents ***/
- Hong Z. Tan, Zhaoyuan Ma & Chen Zhao. LOCALIZED KEY-CLICK FEEDBACK. WO/2014/186428, published 11/20/2014, filed 05/14/2014.
- Hong Z. Tan, Zhaoyuan Ma. PASSIVE HAPTICS AS REFERENCE FOR ACTIVE HAPTICS. WO/2016/206069, published 12/29/2016, filed 06/26/2015.